Today was busy. To get my run and weights done prior to work, I had to get up at 4:45 a.m. as the workday started early and I wanted to allow myself an hour to get to an off-site location north of Mel Lastman Square.
I hit the YMCA at 5:45 a.m. At times I lose perspective on my habits and recall excitedly reporting to dinner guests who live in our neighbourhood that our local YMCA was now opening 15 minutes earlier than the previous 6 a.m. opening. Not one found this to be exciting news.
Here are the food and beverage highlights of the day:
- A big bowl of carrot cake oatmeal.
- I made it to Mel Lastman Square 25 minutes ahead of schedule due to perfect transit connections so was able to grab a quick latte at Starbuck’s.
- At my workplace, between noon and half past, a dinner bell rings to call everyone to share a meal, cooked by either staff or a volunteer. Today the meal was a very authentic and tasty Iranian dish called Dolmeh-Felfel.
- I tried a new location of Ezra’s Pound coffee shop on Dundas and had a fairly good latte.
- I met a friend for dinner at a fairly new restaurant called Caffe Mercatto in the MaRs complex at College and University. The highlight was coconut ice gelato that followed the lobster fettucine. I found it a bit hard to choose my meal as there were several things on the smallish menu that I’m not fond of; goat cheese, calamari, lamb and rabbit. The glass of prosseco they served was the smallest serving ever and was quite flat. I should have taken a photo as proof. The atmosphere is very nice and the service friendly.