Well folks I’m having a bit of writer’s block today so this is more of an outline or list than a fleshed out post.
- A run outside Juneau, Alaska where I saw a pod of orca’s, twice and a bald eagle.
- The 25K leg of the Klondike Road Relay, running into the sunrise.
- Running 3 legs of the Reach the Beach Relay from Bretton Woods, New Hampshire to Hampton Beach, Maine.
- A 10 mile run in Sligo, Ireland with my husband.
- A 10 mile run to Phoenix Park in Dublin with my husband.
- Running on the beach at Cox Bay, Tofino. Check out this webcam of this beach HERE
- Running in St. George, Utah, through part of Snow Canyon where the show the Biggest Loser is filmed.
I really miss the fact that my husband cannot do longer runs with me when we travel. He has had a wonky knee for the past 3 years and last week got the results of his MRI, a torn meniscus. I told someone recently that I’ve found it hard to recover from my husband’s knee injury. It was a lot easier to bound out of bed for the long run when he was doing the same.
All kidding aside, it is very difficult for someone who has run nearly every day for nearly four decades to be barely running at all. He is waiting for his appointment with a knee surgeon. Sigh . . .